Devices (units) for automatic switching to a reserve, type ATS, are designed to restore power to consumers by automatically turning on a backup power source when the operating power source is disconnected, leading to a power outage of the consumer's electrical installations with a voltage of up to 600 V AC, with a frequency of 50 and 60 Hz, and also provides for automatic switching on backup equipment leading to disruption of the normal technological process.
ATS boards provide a number of the most important conditions for uninterrupted power supply:
- constant monitoring of the voltage in the circuits;
- comparison of voltage values with predetermined permissible deviations from the nominal value;
- control over the correct phase sequence of both power supplies;
- reduction of time from the moment of main voltage failure to connection of the reserve one - less than 1 second;
- restoration of the pre-emergency scheme of work after the main source began to operate with a given time delay;
- manual control of the main or backup power supply by the operator;
- visual control of the sensors installed on the ATS switchboards for compliance of the instrument readings with the standard values.